In order to give our users the best possible experience, we collect and process some personal data about them to develop the best service for all of our customers.
To comply with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Russian Federal Law on Personal Data (No. 152-FZ) in terms of privacy data usage, we ought to get your permission for further personal information collection and management.
Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
Links to third-party web sites
Types of personal data we collectuConfy defines "Personal Information" as information that can be used to identify a user, either alone or in combination with other information. uConfy collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- "Registration Information" is the information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, user ID and password, etc.).
- "Self-Reported Information" is additional information about yourself, which you may, at your discretion, provide, such as professional experience, education, professional society membership information, etc.
- "User Content" is all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials - other than Registration Information and Self-Reported Information - generated by users of uConfy Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through uConfy.
- "Web Behavior Information" is information on how you use the uConfy website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
Use of personal information by uConfy
- For nearly all services provided by uConfy data controllers are our users: conference organizers, reviewers, authors and registrants. uConfy acts as a body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller(s).
- uConfy collects Personal Information from you for all purposes necessary to ensure the regular operation of your account and/or availability of our services. These include, among other things, providing you with our services; improving our services and/or offering new products or providing you with additional features/functionality; performing quality control activities; conducting internal R&D.
- uConfy uses Registration Information to enable your purchase, inform you, provide you with customer service, manage our services, and authenticate your website visits and usage. We may also use this information to offer you other uConfy products or services.
- We will never release your Self-Reported Information to a third party without asking for and receiving your explicit consent to do so, unless required by law.
- uConfy uses Web Behavior Information to track and monitor aggregate usage of our website(s), for internal R&D, for quality control, to improve our services, and/or to target advertising for our products and services.
- uConfy stores the history of your customer support requests.
- uConfy stores the list of events (conferences, summits, seminars, etc) you manage and your roles in these events.
Data retention and account deletion
Unless you delete your account or delete certain Personal Information, we will store your Personal Information as long as your account is open. If you no longer wish to participate in our services, or no longer wish to have your Personal Information be processed, you may delete your uConfy account and Personal Information within your uConfy Account Settings. If you delete your account, we will delete all your Personal Information (it may take up to 30 days to withdraw your information after your account is closed), unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Your Personal Data Rights
To comply with the GDPR, which gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls in our Privacy Center and Privacy Settings to help users take advantage of those rights.
- Access your personal information. The right to be informed of and request access to the personal information we process about you.
- Update your personal information. uConfy users can update their personal information within their uConfy Account Settings at any time or can ask the uConfy help desk to update this information.
- Restrict the use of your personal information. The right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal information.
- Object to the use of your personal information. The right to object to us processing your personal information where we no longer have a legitimate or legal need to process it.
- Object to direct marketing. The right to object to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision making. The right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- Port your personal information. The right to request a copy of your personal information in a machine readable format and the right to transmit that personal information for use in another party’s service.
- Delete your personal information. The right to request that we delete your personal information.
We hope we can resolve any disputes relating to our data protection practices between us. You can raise your concern or dispute by emailing our team at email@example.com so that we can try to address your concerns or dispute informally.
* At any time you could opt-out from any communications from us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will honor your request quickly.